THE CIRCLE OF LIFE- IT MOVES US ALL
THE CIRCLE OF LIFE, IT MOVES US ALL
1) The Church is a family – god created fatherhood
- You can have a father and be fatherless
- God is the father of ALL
- The Importance of living a Radical encounter of God as a father
- I tend to connect more with Jesus as a son than the father God:
- I tend to connect more with Holy Spirit than God as father, Aba Father
- Rembrandt’s Prodigal son
- Think about the Instability of a fatherless family
The importance of discovering your IDENTITY as sons and daughters:
Recovering place as sons and daughter
- That puts everything into perspective
Image bearer : God puts his breath into us that we may breath exhale and inhale his life
- Knowing the father heart changes everything and makes you who you are.
- Before you were but a thought, he knew you
- You are a package to the world· you are still here, with purpose
- HEAVEN POWER IS BEHIND YOU
- JOHN 5:19: the son does only what he sees the father doing
3. In this world your may have 10,000 teachers but only few fathers 1 Cor 4:15
- 1 Cor 4:15 For though you have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have you not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
Elijah’s ministry: to restore the heart of the fathers to the sons·
Mal 4:1-6 : 5“Look, I am sending you the prophet Elijah before the great and dreadful day of the LORD arrives. 6 His preaching will turn the hearts of fathers to their children, and the hearts of children to their fathers. Otherwise I will come and strike the land with a curse.”
REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE
IT IS A TRAGEDY WHEN YOU FORGETS WHO YOU ARE, WHEN YOU FORGET YOUR PLACE AS SONS AND OR DAUGHTER:
From Simba: Look out there. Simba, you have forgotten me, you have forgotten who you are, you have forgotten me. YOU MUST TAKE YOUR PLACE IN THE CIRCLE OF LIFE. JUST REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE: YOU ARE MY SON AND THE ONE TRUE KING..
We are who we are because of who God is – not because what we have done to earn or to loose. It is a gift planted in you… You are not your own mistake …he is in dwelling you, impregnating your being and becoming… Yes, even your defects too are part of His plan ….he weaves everything in your story, the good the bad and the ugly into SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL to bring glory to himself.
In this video, SIMBA is NOSTALGIC about his FATHER, he looking at but his reflection on the various water(s) of life, asking for a revelation in him. In the same way, like Simba, in quiet reflection, knowing who he was , you too, looking at the THE FINISHED WORK OF THE CROSS, can get similar encounter with God… YOU TOO MAY REFLECT CHRIST…. Don’t look at mirror and see your defect but see GOD REFLECTION AND LIFE IN YOU…remember who you are: Christ in you the hope of Glory Col 1:27…, Like the Son who is the first born, Col 1:15: we who are image bearers Reflect the image of the invisible God…
Read James -1:23-25 ( Forget NOT Your Image) — PRODIGAL—
19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: … 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. (WE Are most like our father when we take care of orphans, widows & those in distress)
YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR FATHER
2 Cor 3:18 we all with unveiled faces reflect the Lord glory are being transformed into his likeness from glory to Glory 12 Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. 13 We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to prevent the Israelites from seeing the end of what was passing away. 14 But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate[a] the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
HE LIVES IN YOU
- CLIP: SIMBA has a new baby. Creations sings and celebrates:
- He watches over everything you see, in your reflection, he lives in you. I wonder what might grow out of out lives if we remember that we are being watched over, that we are being witnessed, that the Father truly watches over, into the waters of our lives, in our reflection….
- Read Genesis 35: 16:9 God appeared to Jacob again, when he came from Paddan-aram, and blessed him. 10 And God said to him, “Your name is Jacob; no longer shall your name be called Jacob, but Israel shall be your name.” So his name was called Israel. 11 And God said to him, “I am God Almighty:[c] be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall come from you, and kings shall spring from you. 12 The land which I gave to Abraham and Isaac I will give to you, and I will give the land to your descendants after you.” 13 Then God went up from him in the place where he had spoken with him. 14 And Jacob set up a pillar in the place where he had spoken with him, a pillar of stone; and he poured out a drink offering on it, and poured oil on it. 15 So Jacob called the name of the place where God had spoken with him, Bethel.16 Then they journeyed from Bethel; and when they were still some distance from Ephrath, Rachel travailed, and she had hard labor. 17 And when she was in her hard labor, the midwife said to her, “Fear not; for now you will have another son.” 18 And as her soul was departing (for she died), she called his name Ben-oni;(Son of Affliction, Son of Sorrow) but his father called his name Binyamin[Benjamin].(Son of my Right Hand, Son of my Strenght & Valor)19 So Rachel died, and she was buried on the way to Ephrath (that is, Bethlehem), 20 and Jacob set up a pillar upon her grave; it is the pillar of Rachel’s tomb, which is there to this day. 21 Israel journeyed on, and pitched his tent beyond the tower of Eder.
- Think about what came out of Benyamin [ALL THE KINGS OF ISRAEL!] Like Jacob, Have a victorious mindset, PROPHECY!: do some gardening, pluck out lies from your soul
- INTIMACY: We owe the world an encounter with God the Father
- ASK GOD WHAT SEASON IT IS IN YOUR LIFE,SEEK OUT SPIRITUAL MOTHERS AND FATHERS
- IF YOU ARE A FATHER, WHO CAN YOU BE FATHERING NOW OUT OF YOUR OVERFLOW AS FATHER, SONS, MOTHERS AND DAUGHTERS?
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
― Marianne Williamson,
· “Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ― Mark Twain